Follow these expert tips to optimize your interview for the best chance of ranking well in Google, Bing and other search engines.
NOTE: This is not a guarantee that your interview will rank on page 1, but following these SEO best practices give you the best chance of ranking your interview highly.
Mike’s Tips For Best Ranking In Google
1) Name in title. Put your name first in the title.
For example, I want my interview to rank well for my name “Mike Munter” so look how I’ve made it the first thing in the SEO title.
2) Name in URL slug. The “slug” is the bit that appears after the domain name, i.e. inspirery.com/slug.
Notice how I’ve used my name as the “slug” in my interview: https://inspirery.com/mike-munter/
3) Name in H1. On Inspirery, this is done for you by default.
4) Name in content. Notice how I made “Mike Munter” the first words of my interview.
You can mention your name 1-2 times in third person, just don’t be spammy about it. Read my interview as an example of how often to drop your name into your content.
5) Make it long. Longer content ranks better!
Aim for an interview that is at least 1,000 words. No 1-word answers to questions. Develop your answers and offer quality and value to our readers.
6) 100% unique. Don’t copy/paste your bio or answers from your website or anywhere else online.
Duplicate content does NOT rank well in Google. If Google thinks this interview is unique, it is much more likely to rank better. We will reject any interviews that include substantive duplicate content.
7) Share it on your social media. Brag about your interview!
Sharing your interview on your Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and other social media sites helps create authority and drive traffic to your interview.
8) Link to it. If you own a website or work for a company, link to your interview from that website.
Pro tip – use your name in the anchor text of the link, here are two good ways you could do it:
- Learn more about Mike Munter by reading his Inspirery interview.
- Mike Munter was featured on Inspirery, check out the full interview: https://inspirery.com/mike-munter/
While we can never guarantee that your interview will rank well in search engines, following these tips will give you the best chance of seeing it on page 1 of search results.
Submit your interview.